Graduate Polls, Surveys and Results
This page lists the results from polls we carry out on our website. They can be found on our Homepage, Tip Of The Week and CV Makeover pages. It's a great way for us in engage with our audience and voice opinions on certain key subjects. We normally update the poll with a new one every two weeks - perhaps you have a burning question you would like to ask our students and graduates? If so, please contact us.
What do you feel is your biggest weakness?
- Your confidence 29%
- Your work experience 46%
- Your academics 11%
- The lack of support available 7%
- Your location 8%
If you have or are expecting a 2:2 - which of the following describes your situation?
- I worked really hard and this is the best I could do 22%
- My course was much harder than I anticipated 15%
- I went to university for the experience not the results 6%
- I had a financial issue that affected my studies 5%
- I had a health issue that affected my studies 8%
- I had a family issue that affected my studies 8%
- I admit i just didn't try hard enough 35%
Where are you looking for work?
- In the same city I studied 23%
- Back home 18%
- I'm open to anywhere 59%
What is the longest face to face interview you've had?
- 0-1 hours 58%
- 1-2 hours 27%
- 2-3 hours 7%
- 3+ hours 8%
Which sector is your first choice to work in?
- Accountancy 9%
- Banking, Finance and Insurance 16%
- Charity 6%
- Engineering 16%
- IT 13%
- Law 8%
- Marketing, PR or Media 21%
- Public Sector (Teaching, Nursing, etc) 9%
- Retail/FMCG 2%
Given the up-coming election, which of the following describes you best?
- I probably won't vote - I don't know much about it 18%
- I might vote - I feel like it affects me more now than in the past 14%
- I'm voting - I'm politically aware and want to be counted 68%
Why did you go to university?
- I don't know 3%
- Because all my friends did 3%
- For the social/life skill experience 12%
- To put myself in a better position for employment 63%
- I just love to learn! 19%
How long will you try to get a graduate job for until you consider other options?
- 1-4 Months 23%
- 5-8 Months 20%
- 9-12 Months 12%
- 1-1.5 Years 10%
- As long as it takes - I won't give up!! 36%
How many jobs do you apply to every week?
- None - I can't find any I like 22%
- 1-5 53%
- 6-10 13%
- 11-15 5%
- 16+ 7%
Is it an invasion of privacy for employers to 'snoop' on your social networking profiles like facebook, twitter or myspace?
- Yes - it's my private life! 73%
- No - I've got nothing to hide 27%
How much work experience did you get whilst at university?
- None - I just never thought to 16%
- None - I had too much uni work to do 32%
- 0-1 years 28%
- 1-2 12%
- 2-3 7%
- 4-5 5%
What salary do you expect to start on?
- £15-19K 23%
- £20-24K 44%
- £25-29K 19%
- £30-34K 7%
- £35+ 8%
Do you think that all work experience/internships should be paid?
- Yes - it's only fair I have to live on something! 78%
- No - the experience is more important than the money to me 22%
Who gave you the best careers advice?
- Your uni careers service 18%
- A lecturer 5%
- Your Parents 14%
- A friend 27%
- A website 36%
Would you recommend university to your brother or sister?
- Yes - for the education 32%
- Yes - for the experience 47%
- No - it's too expensive 5%
- No - it didn't help me get a job 16%
Given the current graduate job market, would you choose the same degree if you started all over again?